Wednesday 31 October 2012

SOMETHING TO HIDE


I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the Lord,” and You forgave the iniquity of my sin-Psalm 32:5
If you have something to hide, Mike Slattery may have the solution. Several years ago, a cell-phone company wanted to erect an antenna on his property and disguise it as a pine tree. Mike had a better idea and built a fake barn with vinyl panels that allow the radio waves to pass through them. He developed that concept into a company that builds structures to hide antennas for aesthetic and security reasons. Slattery is convinced that many of his neighbors still have no idea what’s inside his barn (The Gazette, Colorado Springs).
Most of us are trying to keep something out of sight. It may be as harmless as clutter in a basement or as toxic as the moral and spiritual failings we try to hide from others, ourselves, and even from God.
In Psalm 32, David described the futility of trying to conceal his sin (vv.3-4) and the relief of opening his soul to the Lord: “I acknowledged my sin to You, and my iniquity I have not hidden. I said, ‘I will confess my transgressions to the Lord,’ and You forgave the iniquity of my sin” (v.5).
Confessing our sins to God and forsaking them brings a sense of freedom to our souls and the awareness that we have nothing to hide.
Lord Jesus, help me come to You
When I would rather run and hide
My sinfulness and foolish ways;
Forgive and make me clean inside. —Sper
Whenever we’re ready to uncover our sins,
God is ready to cover them.
(taken from the dailybread)


No comments:

Post a Comment